You must maintain perishable foods at a certain temperature to avoid spoiling. Such foods include fruits and vegetables, dairy products, including milk, cheese, and eggs, as well as meats and poultry. Storing your food well helps extend its longevity and prevent foodborne illnesses. Perishable foods are kept in refrigerators to maintain a low temperature to prevent spoiling.
Best Ways to Store Your Perishable Products
Discussed below are some of the best ways to store food that’s perishable.
1. Refrigerator Storage
Refrigerator storage is most commonly used when you have a large amount of food. Refrigerator storage helps to store perishable items that require slow turnover rates. Refrigerators are designed to maintain the temperature inside at 35 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit, no matter how cold or warm it may be outside. Foods like meats, poultry, fish, and dairy products with a long shelf life find their way into refrigerators.
- IDEAL STORAGE CHOICE - Fridge organizers stackable can help the fridge save a lot of space. Easily organize space to store fruits, vegetables, food, drinks, cans, condiments, and other items. These fridge bins can also be placed in freezers, pantries, cabinets and countertops for storage.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL DESIGN - Stackable design to help maximize your refrigerator storage space. The lids of fridge containers are not airtight and can effectively prevent dust and odors. The bottom of the large vegetable storage containers for refrigerator has a drain hole that can be easily opened to drain excess water after washing vegetables and fruits, preventing moisture and keeping fresh.
- FOOD GRADE SAFETY MATERIAL - Made of clear and durable PET plastic, BPA free, shatterproof, lightweight but sturdy, and can last a long time. Refrigerator storage containers give you a clear view and you can make it easy to see what is stored and find the items you need quickly. Great for organizing a cluttered refrigerator.
- SET OF 7 FRIDGE STORAGE CONTAINERS - The set includes 3 different sizes, 1 pcs large size 11.8×7.9×3.9 inch, 2 pcs medium size 10.5×3.6×3.4 inch, and 4 pcs small size 4.9×3.0×2.8 inch. These refrigerator organizer bins with lids stackable meet your daily needs and you can choose different size containers for different ingredients .
- NOTICE TIPS - Do not wash in the dishwasher, you can wash with soap in warm water (temperature range -20°C to 65°C). Do not use it in the microwave or oven either. If you have any questions or suggestions about refrigerator organizers, please contact us, we will give you a satisfactory solution within 24 hours. Ginissey Home provides you with satisfactory customer service.
2. Freezer Storage
Freezer storage is excellent for use in food preservation for long periods. It helps to store foods that would not last long in a refrigerator. There are two methods to keep your food fresh and preserved: freezer storage and supercooling. Frozen foods have a very slow turnover rate, and must be stored at 0 degrees Fahrenheit. The other method is called supercooling the food. By supercooling, you remove the freezing element from the foods so that they freeze more rapidly and keep a lower temperature longer. This reduces the chances of spoilage.
- 2.7 ~ 50 OZ - Set of 40 -- Includes 20 containers and 20 lids of varied sizes, and 2 pieces of Labels & 1 washable marker pen, To match different storage needs, This set includes 10 rectangular containers (2*50 oz, 2*34 oz, 2*17 oz, 2*8 oz, 2*4 oz), 8 square containers (2*40 oz, 2*23 oz, 2*13 oz, 2*6oz), and 2 round sauce boxes (2*2.7 oz).
- Leak Proof & Airtight -- Our food storage containers equipped with a premium silicone seal and 4 Reinforced locking clips.The use of food containers can keep your food fresh and tidy by preventing food spillage and leakage of food smell.
- Microwave, Freezer, Dishwasher Safe -- Our food containers can be stored in freezer, heated in microwave, washed in dishwasher,save your precious time perfectly. remove the lid when heating, avoid that the steam generated during heating cannot be dissipated because the lid is too tight.
- Stackable Kitchen Organization -- Storage containers with lids have a sequential stack design along with reusable labels and marker, These space-saving and efficient pantry organizers will keep cabinets, freezer, refrigerator and kitchen organized while adding to the decor.
- More Durable & Easy to Carry -- Made from strong and solid PP (polypropylene) plastic material,100% BPA free plastic, The enhanced version of the snap will be more durable than the normal version and light weight than glass. Perfect for a variety of occasions & events: workers, students and trippers and more.
3. Cold Storage
Cold storage is best for food that does not have long life spans, such as dairy products and eggs. Cold storage products are kept in unheated spaces on shelves to limit their exposure to heat and moisture. When storing perishable foods, purchasing a product that will allow you to store your food at 35 degrees Fahrenheit or below or in unheated spaces is a good idea. For your food to effectively withstand long-term storage, the space must be kept cool, dry, and dark.
- 14 SLOTS - The trays are sized 14.5 x 4.3 inches and 2.9 inches deep with 14 vacant spaces. Each space holds the eggs firmly to avoid any kind of bruise or damage
- PREMIUM CLEAR TRAY - Use the premium clear egg trays to organize your refrigerator giving it a cleaner and neat look. The trays ideally hold the eggs securing them from any damage.
- COVERED AND STACKABLE - Accommodating a cover, the trays come with an easily stackable design that allows you to stack them over or under any other item with having no fear of breaking or severing your eggs.
- SOLID COMPACT PATENT PENDING DESIGN - Solid, compact Patent pending design of the trays ensures durability and consolidated form makes them easy to fit in any compartment of your refrigerator with minimal storage space.
- CARE INSTRUCTION - The tray is NOT DISHWASHER SAFE and it is recommended to only handwash it.
4. Canned Goods Storage
The best place for canned goods is in the dark. A cool, dry, and dark place is perfect for your canned goods. If you’re storing many canned goods, consider investing in extra shelving and hooks for your cabinets. You might also consider investing in a can holder that keeps cans from falling over or getting damaged by other objects on your counter.
- Slim space-saving storage solution
- Durable steel wire construction designed to withstand continuous use
- Angled shelves for convenient and easy retrieval
- Compact Size Fits in Most Cabinets and Pantry Shelves
- Easy to clean finish
Food Storage Tips
There are numerous food storage tips that you can use to keep your food fresh and safe. Here are some tips that we’ve compiled.
1. Use Plastic Freezer Bags, Not Glass
Freezer bags are a much better way to store items in the freezer, as opposed to storing them in glass containers. Slow freezing and shifting temperatures can cause the glass to crack under extreme conditions. If you choose to use glass in your freezer, make sure it is tempered glass or thicker.
- Includes 120 freezer food bags, each holding 1 quart
- Reclosable top has a double zipper closure
- Stand and Fill base with same quart capacity
- Individual bag dimensions: 7 inches X 2 1/4 inches X 6 5/8 inches
- BPA free
2. Use an Ice Cube Tray for Chopped Veggies
Instead of chopping vegetables and storing them in plastic bags, eventually turning them into mush, try using an ice cube tray for chopping vegetables. Place chopped vegetables in the ice cube tray and cover with water. Then place the tray in the freezer overnight. Pull out the tray and place it in a bowl of cool water when you want to use a portion of the veggies or all of it. Try tossing them into your favorite soup recipe.
- [Easy to Release]: These ice cube trays are made of durable plastic material, which makes it easier to release ice balls than soft silicone ice cube trays. After taking the mold out of the freezer, simply open the lid and twist the bottom tray to release the ice cubes easily.
- [Material & Application]: Our ice cube tray molds are made of premium plastic PP material, which is BPA-free and has passed food-grade LFGB certification. They are safe, durable, and perfect for your freezing needs! Our ice cube trays are perfect for making round ice balls for whisky, cocktails, coffee, or infusing fruit or mint to make DIY ice cubes for your delicious beverage.
- [Ice Cube Tray with Lid]: The ice cube trays for the freezer come with a high-quality removable lid, which prevents spills and keeps ice cubes from absorbing freezer odors. Moreover, these easy-release trays stack easily and neatly in the freezer without sticking.
- [Easy to Use]: The round ice cube trays set consists of two trays, one scoop, tong, and lid with small holes. Simply add water to the water level inside the round ice trays, cover the lid, and put the ice molds into the freezer for at least 4 hours. You'll get 32×0.8-inch sphere ice balls with each tray (that's 64 balls if you use both trays at once).
- [Good Customer Service]: If you have any questions about our product, please contact us, and we will be happy to provide a better solution for every dear customer! We will reply to all your questions within 24 hours!
3. Clean Fresh Produce Before Storage
Clean your fresh produce before storing it. If you’re planning to store fresh fruit in the fridge without any other foods, ensure the product is completely clean and dry. Then place it in an airtight container. The best food storage containers are glass or plastic containers that can be sealed with a lid. Airtight plastic containers are great for storing perishable foods.
4. Store Poultry, Fish, or Raw Meat Correctly
You must follow some basic rules to store poultry, fish, and raw meat properly. First of all, you need to make sure that the meat is cooked thoroughly before it’s stored. It would help if you also stored it in an airtight container to prevent contamination.
Storing raw meat in the refrigerator or freezer is the best way to keep it. The temperature must be below zero degrees Fahrenheit to remain fresh. You should freeze raw meat immediately after purchasing it so that it doesn’t spoil.
5. Keep the Foods Separate
If you’re storing your perishable food in the fridge, you might be inclined to mix it all. While it may seem like a good way to save space, keep different foods separate. For example, keep fruit and vegetables separate from meat and fish. You should also separate cooked food from raw food to avoid cross contamination.
6. Set the Fridge Temperatures Correctly
When setting the temperature in your refrigerator, you must ensure that it’s set at a reasonable temperature. It should be between 35 and 40 degrees Fahrenheit. For example, if you leave a bowl of water in the fridge overnight and it freezes, your fridge is too low. If the water isn’t cooling, then your fridge is too high.
- Convenient and practical: Our refrigerator thermometer is suitable for traditional refrigerators, freezers, insulated boxes, etc. It has a large dial with clear blue and red area indication on the surface of the fridge thermometer, making it easier for you to read the temperature.
- Temperature range: Refrigerator thermometer measures refrigerator temperature -20~80 °F/ -30~30 °C, meeting different requirements and requirements. Clear reading scale helps you measure food stored at the right temperature to ensure safety.
- Exquisite design: The refrigerator thermometer uses a hook type panel design, can be hung or placed in different positions, reading instant with the mechanical design, no need for battery power with our freezer thermometer.
- Durable material: Refrigerator thermometer is made of stainless steel material, not easy to break, long life, durable, easy to clean structure and glass protective lens, very suitable for use in the refrigerator and freezer.
- What you get: 2 x PECULA Refrigerator Thermometer and our 7*24 friendly customer service for peace of mind.
While there are many ways to store your food, we’ve provided you with some of the best options. These products will ensure you have a long-lasting supply of everything you need. You may consider checking our refrigerators for more information about them. You can also check the refrigerator reviews for other people’s experiences with specific models. Remember that it’s best to store food in an airtight container or sturdy bag to ensure that it stays fresh and tasty.
You must log in to post a comment.