You must maintain perishable foods at a certain temperature to avoid spoiling. Such foods include fruits and vegetables, dairy products, including milk, cheese, and eggs, as well as meats and poultry. Storing your food well helps extend its longevity and prevent foodborne illnesses. Perishable foods are kept in refrigerators to maintain a low temperature to prevent spoiling.
Best Ways to Store Your Perishable Products
Discussed below are some of the best ways to store food that’s perishable.
1. Refrigerator Storage
Refrigerator storage is most commonly used when you have a large amount of food. Refrigerator storage helps to store perishable items that require slow turnover rates. Refrigerators are designed to maintain the temperature inside at 35 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit, no matter how cold or warm it may be outside. Foods like meats, poultry, fish, and dairy products with a long shelf life find their way into refrigerators.
- 8 Pieces Fridge Organizer Bins Set: Each refrigerator storage bin measures 12.5’’ L x 6.3” W x 3.5” H. Use these clear fridge storage bins make your fridge organized and neat and gain much more space.
- Making Storage More Easier: These sturdy and medium capacity bins are great for creating a clean and organized refrigerator or pantry. Ideal for fruits, meat, milk, salad dressing, drink bottles, canned food, and packaged food ,condiments, jelly and more. So easy to keep clean and contain spills.
- Clear View: You can easily find what you want with clear view. Significantly cuts time from looking around,saving your time.Keep items used on a daily organized. Centralized storage used in kitchen pantry, fridge or freezer, cabinets, shelves, counter tops, craft rooms, laundry, bathroom，bedrooms,offices and more.
- Easy To Access with Built-In Handle: Clear bins with built-in and easy-grip side handles make it easy to transport items; Getting things in the back of the frig a breeze. No more removing things one by one to get to things in the back.
- Durable and Food-Safe Design: These freezer and pantry organizers are made of durable high quality shatter proof BPA free polyethylene material. Easy to clean! Wash by hand with mild soapy water. DO NOT place in dishwasher!
2. Freezer Storage
Freezer storage is excellent for use in food preservation for long periods. It helps to store foods that would not last long in a refrigerator. There are two methods to keep your food fresh and preserved: freezer storage and supercooling. Frozen foods have a very slow turnover rate, and must be stored at 0 degrees Fahrenheit. The other method is called supercooling the food. By supercooling, you remove the freezing element from the foods so that they freeze more rapidly and keep a lower temperature longer. This reduces the chances of spoilage.
- Tafura 32 Oz premium leakproof soup containers with screw-on plastic sealed lids are perfect for soup freezer containers, food prep, portion control, and for anything that needs a container.
- Leakproof freezer storage containers - Tafura deli container seal will keep your food great with no mess. The airtight sealed covers ensure long-lasting freshness and prevent freezer burns. Great to use as freezer containers for liquids and solid food.
- Bpa Free Food Storage Containers - These plastic containers are made of high-quality food-safe material, 100% BPA Free, Microwave safe, Freezer safe, and Reusable.
- Premium design - Our freezer container is stackable, so it keeps your home/freezer/fridge organized. It's also easy to store when not in use, or for travel and transport.
- Our quart containers with lids are great as travel containers, lunch containers, soup containers for freezing, to-go containers, and food storage containers. 32 Ounce is equivalent to 1 Liter /1 Quart › See more product details
3. Cold Storage
Cold storage is best for food that does not have long life spans, such as dairy products and eggs. Cold storage products are kept in unheated spaces on shelves to limit their exposure to heat and moisture. When storing perishable foods, purchasing a product that will allow you to store your food at 35 degrees Fahrenheit or below or in unheated spaces is a good idea. For your food to effectively withstand long-term storage, the space must be kept cool, dry, and dark.
- [AUTO ROLLING DESIGN] Utilizing the gravity effect to slide eggs along their tracks, and to be able to reach in and fetch the eggs you need without taking out a container, opening the container, putting the container back, etc.
- [COMPACT SIZE SPACE SAVING] The egg containers are sized 14.2” D×3.2” W×4.3” H , easy to fit in any compartment of your refrigerator with minimal storage space, giving it a cleaner and neat look, this is nice for storing eggs in a small compact space.
- [CUTE EGG HOLDER FOR REFRIGERATOR] Made of premium ABS material, BPA-FREE and odorless. Thicken shell material made this egg holder durable for use, heighten sides made the eggs not easy to fall down.
- [AUTOMATIC CLASSIFICATION] You can just put the eggs in at the top and have the older exit bring up first and the fresher eggs in the back, great for eggs fit in nicely and easy to pull out.
- [STORE ABOUT 14 LARGE EGGS] load it up from the front and the eggs push back as you load them. This egg rolling rack help count remain amount at a glance, and the egg container is easy to clean in top rack.
4. Canned Goods Storage
The best place for canned goods is in the dark. A cool, dry, and dark place is perfect for your canned goods. If you’re storing many canned goods, consider investing in extra shelving and hooks for your cabinets. You might also consider investing in a can holder that keeps cans from falling over or getting damaged by other objects on your counter.
- Can Dispenser Rack: Each rack can holds 12 standard size 12 oz soda cans or small size food cans
- Stackable Design: Include 4 pin connectors and stack up to multiple units that maximizes storage space
- Space-Saving Rack: Prefect use for the refrigerator, kitchen, countertop,cabinet, pantry
- Stability Construction: Make of sturdy metal construction with elegant white finish. Non-slip pad for stability.While you take one can and others will roll the position automatically.
- Dimension: 16.73"L x 6.22"W x 9.57"H (Each)
Food Storage Tips
There are numerous food storage tips that you can use to keep your food fresh and safe. Here are some tips that we’ve compiled.
1. Use Plastic Freezer Bags, Not Glass
Freezer bags are a much better way to store items in the freezer, as opposed to storing them in glass containers. Slow freezing and shifting temperatures can cause the glass to crack under extreme conditions. If you choose to use glass in your freezer, make sure it is tempered glass or thicker.
- Includes 120 freezer food bags, each holding 1 quart
- Reclosable top has a double zipper closure
- Stand and Fill base with same quart capacity
- Individual bag dimensions: 7 inches X 2 1/4 inches X 6 5/8 inches
- BPA free
2. Use an Ice Cube Tray for Chopped Veggies
Instead of chopping vegetables and storing them in plastic bags, eventually turning them into mush, try using an ice cube tray for chopping vegetables. Place chopped vegetables in the ice cube tray and cover with water. Then place the tray in the freezer overnight. Pull out the tray and place it in a bowl of cool water when you want to use a portion of the veggies or all of it. Try tossing them into your favorite soup recipe.
- Stronger & Safety: Made of premium silicone and PP material. Bpa-free and pass food-grade LFGB certification! DOQAUS 4 ice tray sets use better materials and designs to make the ice trays stronger and more durable. They can withstand long-term low-temperature storage without breaking. No longer worry about breaking easily. Stop wasting your money! Start to use DOQAUS ice trays and say goodbye to those cheap disposable ice trays!
- Easy Ice Removal: Silicone ice cube trays with lid use TPE material and the bottom wider design, which makes it easy to release ice cubes and the soft silicone material will not break after freezing for a long time. Each flat cube compartment is separate from others so you can easily push from the bottom. No need for awkward bending or twisting, removing the ice cube isn't a tough job anymore!
- Lids Lifter Designed: So as to be more convenient to use removable lids, each cover is designed with two lid lifter. This humanized ice tray allows you to make perfect size ice cubes while preventing spills and the freezing of excess water and keeps ice cubes from absorbing freezer odors. Moreover, these easy-release trays stack easily and neatly in the freezer without sticking. Each tray makes 14 nice-sized cubes for a total of 56 (Each capacity of 27 ml or 1 ounce).
- Easy to Use & Dishwasher Safe: Fill the trays with water, cover the lid on, and then slip the trays into the freezer. Besides water, you can fill the ice cube trays silicone with fruits, ice cream, soda, cocktail, whisky, vodka, ice coffee, and wine to customize your favorite flavor. And you can simply put them into your dishwasher after use.
- Muti-Colors & Good Customer Service: Designed with white and green colors to bring a more pleasant ice-making and ice drinks experience! Silicone ice cube tray kits are great for home, parties, bars, gifts, etc. If the ice cube trays didn't work well for you, please contact us and be willing to provide a better solution for every dear customer! All your questions will be replied to within 24hrs!
3. Clean Fresh Produce Before Storage
Clean your fresh produce before storing it. If you’re planning to store fresh fruit in the fridge without any other foods, ensure the product is completely clean and dry. Then place it in an airtight container. The best food storage containers are glass or plastic containers that can be sealed with a lid. Airtight plastic containers are great for storing perishable foods.
4. Store Poultry, Fish, or Raw Meat Correctly
You must follow some basic rules to store poultry, fish, and raw meat properly. First of all, you need to make sure that the meat is cooked thoroughly before it’s stored. It would help if you also stored it in an airtight container to prevent contamination.
Storing raw meat in the refrigerator or freezer is the best way to keep it. The temperature must be below zero degrees Fahrenheit to remain fresh. You should freeze raw meat immediately after purchasing it so that it doesn’t spoil.
5. Keep the Foods Separate
If you’re storing your perishable food in the fridge, you might be inclined to mix it all. While it may seem like a good way to save space, keep different foods separate. For example, keep fruit and vegetables separate from meat and fish. You should also separate cooked food from raw food to avoid cross contamination.
6. Set the Fridge Temperatures Correctly
When setting the temperature in your refrigerator, you must ensure that it’s set at a reasonable temperature. It should be between 35 and 40 degrees Fahrenheit. For example, if you leave a bowl of water in the fridge overnight and it freezes, your fridge is too low. If the water isn’t cooling, then your fridge is too high.
- Convenient and practical: Our refrigerator thermometer is suitable for traditional refrigerators, freezers, insulated boxes, etc. It has a large dial with clear blue and red area indication on the surface of the fridge thermometer, making it easier for you to read the temperature.
- Temperature range: Refrigerator thermometer measures refrigerator temperature -20~80 °F/ -30~30 °C, meeting different requirements and requirements. Clear reading scale helps you measure food stored at the right temperature to ensure safety.
- Exquisite design: The refrigerator thermometer uses a hook type panel design, can be hung or placed in different positions, reading instant with the mechanical design, no need for battery power with our freezer thermometer.
- Durable material: Refrigerator thermometer is made of stainless steel material, not easy to break, long life, durable, easy to clean structure and glass protective lens, very suitable for use in the refrigerator and freezer.
- What you get: 2 x PECULA Refrigerator Thermometer and our 7*24 friendly customer service for peace of mind.
While there are many ways to store your food, we’ve provided you with some of the best options. These products will ensure you have a long-lasting supply of everything you need. You may consider checking our refrigerators for more information about them. You can also check the refrigerator reviews for other people’s experiences with specific models. Remember that it’s best to store food in an airtight container or sturdy bag to ensure that it stays fresh and tasty.