You must maintain perishable foods at a certain temperature to avoid spoiling. Such foods include fruits and vegetables, dairy products, including milk, cheese, and eggs, as well as meats and poultry. Storing your food well helps extend its longevity and prevent foodborne illnesses. Perishable foods are kept in refrigerators to maintain a low temperature to prevent spoiling.
Best Ways to Store Your Perishable Products
Discussed below are some of the best ways to store food that’s perishable.
1. Refrigerator Storage
Refrigerator storage is most commonly used when you have a large amount of food. Refrigerator storage helps to store perishable items that require slow turnover rates. Refrigerators are designed to maintain the temperature inside at 35 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit, no matter how cold or warm it may be outside. Foods like meats, poultry, fish, and dairy products with a long shelf life find their way into refrigerators.
- 8 Pieces Kitchen Organization Set Meet All Your Needs: Come with 6 wide fridge organizers for storing vegetables and fruits which measures 14.8"L x 7.3"W x 4"H, 1 drink organizer for storing soda can, cola and other drinks which measures 13.8"L x 5.7"W x 3.7"H, and 1 egg organizer measures 13.6"L x4.3"W x 3"H. These clear organizer bins are suitable for manage various of food in your fridge.
- Easy to pull out with Built-in Handles: The refrigerator organizers are also built with handles for easy pulling, it makes sure that you can conveniently select what you need from the fridge organizer. Besides, it can be easily transported from place to place. Organization becomes efficient.
- Clear View: The visible clear storage bins allow you to see the food stored in the refrigerator and save lots of time for searching.
- High Quality Construction & Easy to Clean: These freezer organizer bins are made of high quality food grade plastic and BPA free material, they are easy to clean. With sturdy and durable construction, they are good choice for your kitchen and fridge. PLEASE NOTICE THAT DON'T PUT THEM IN DISHWASHER.
- Multiple Scenarios Organizers: They are not only a good choice for kitchen organization and storage, but also pantry organizers, bathroom organizers, freezer organizers, and cabinet organizers. What's more, they would be a good helper for home organization to store body wash, face wash, paper towels, cleaning supplies, daily necessities or other stuffs.
2. Freezer Storage
Freezer storage is excellent for use in food preservation for long periods. It helps to store foods that would not last long in a refrigerator. There are two methods to keep your food fresh and preserved: freezer storage and supercooling. Frozen foods have a very slow turnover rate, and must be stored at 0 degrees Fahrenheit. The other method is called supercooling the food. By supercooling, you remove the freezing element from the foods so that they freeze more rapidly and keep a lower temperature longer. This reduces the chances of spoilage.
- PREMIUM THICKER MATERIAL -The food storage container set is made of thicker food grade plastic material, 100% BPA-free , which are durable, reusable and long life. The premium material makes the container transparent and clear, allowing you to see the state of the food at a glance. The container also withstands temperatures from -4℉ to 248℉, making it microwave safe, freezer safe and dishwasher safe. Sturdy material make containers not easy to be deformed, easy to carry！
- 16 PACKS IN 4 SIZES - These deli food storage containers with lids has 16 containers in 4 sizes (including 4pcs 68 oz + 4pcs 50 oz + 4pcs 34 oz+ 4pcs 17 oz). The large 676 oz capacity can store 56 pcs 12 oz cans of drinks, which is perfectly able to meet your daily storage needs. In addition, each container can be stackable and nested, which greatly improves the kitchen space utilization. Keep your kitchen free of chaos!
- LEAKPROOF TWIST TOP LIDS - The upgraded screw design and silicone seal make the lid more compressed for 100% leak proof. Thus there is no need to worry about leakage even if it's loaded with soup and liquid. Perfect for storing leftovers, milkshakes, soup, yogurt, cereal and other foods, but also great as a kitchen container for sharing meals with family, friends, and colleagues.
- KEEPING FRESHNESS LONGER - These quart containers are equipped with screw lids that are better airtight and easier to close than normal snap lock lids. Screw design ensures that water and air don't enter it, thus ensuring the dryness in the clear deli cups with lids, ideal for storaging soup, leftover, fruits, vegetables, cookies, snacks, salads, etc. Allow you and your family to enjoy fresh food anytime, anywhere!
- ROUND SHAPE HANDY FOR EVERYTHING - Our stackable snack containers with lids not only has a larger capacity, but also designed as round shape which fits hand curve, Easy to hold! And it is also very suitable as travel containers, lunch containers, soup containers, gym food bowls, camping containers etc. For no worries shopping, we provide 1 year warranty service. If you receive any questions about the product, please do not hesitate to send a message to us.
3. Cold Storage
Cold storage is best for food that does not have long life spans, such as dairy products and eggs. Cold storage products are kept in unheated spaces on shelves to limit their exposure to heat and moisture. When storing perishable foods, purchasing a product that will allow you to store your food at 35 degrees Fahrenheit or below or in unheated spaces is a good idea. For your food to effectively withstand long-term storage, the space must be kept cool, dry, and dark.
- 14 SLOTS - The trays are sized 14.5 x 4.3 inches and 2.9 inches deep with 14 vacant spaces. Each space holds the eggs firmly to avoid any kind of bruise or damage
- PREMIUM CLEAR TRAY - Use the premium clear egg trays to organize your refrigerator giving it a cleaner and neat look. The trays ideally hold the eggs securing them from any damage.
- COVERED AND STACKABLE - Accommodating a cover, the trays come with an easily stackable design that allows you to stack them over or under any other item with having no fear of breaking or severing your eggs.
- SOLID COMPACT PATENT PENDING DESIGN - Solid, compact Patent pending design of the trays ensures durability and consolidated form makes them easy to fit in any compartment of your refrigerator with minimal storage space.
- CARE INSTRUCTION - The tray is NOT DISHWASHER SAFE and it is recommended to only handwash it.
4. Canned Goods Storage
The best place for canned goods is in the dark. A cool, dry, and dark place is perfect for your canned goods. If you’re storing many canned goods, consider investing in extra shelving and hooks for your cabinets. You might also consider investing in a can holder that keeps cans from falling over or getting damaged by other objects on your counter.
- Can Dispenser Rack: Each rack can holds 12 standard size 12 oz soda cans or small size food cans
- Stackable Design: Include 4 pin connectors and stack up to multiple units that maximizes storage space
- Space-Saving Rack: Prefect use for the refrigerator, kitchen, countertop,cabinet, pantry
- Stability Construction: Make of sturdy metal construction with elegant white finish. Non-slip pad for stability.While you take one can and others will roll the position automatically.
- Dimension: 16.73"L x 6.22"W x 9.57"H (Each)
Food Storage Tips
There are numerous food storage tips that you can use to keep your food fresh and safe. Here are some tips that we’ve compiled.
1. Use Plastic Freezer Bags, Not Glass
Freezer bags are a much better way to store items in the freezer, as opposed to storing them in glass containers. Slow freezing and shifting temperatures can cause the glass to crack under extreme conditions. If you choose to use glass in your freezer, make sure it is tempered glass or thicker.
- Includes 90 freezer food bags, each holding 1 gallon
- Reclosable top has a double zipper closure
- Stand and Fill base with same gallon capacity
- Individual bag dimensions: 10 9/16 inches X 3 inches X 9 1/4 inches
- BPA free
2. Use an Ice Cube Tray for Chopped Veggies
Instead of chopping vegetables and storing them in plastic bags, eventually turning them into mush, try using an ice cube tray for chopping vegetables. Place chopped vegetables in the ice cube tray and cover with water. Then place the tray in the freezer overnight. Pull out the tray and place it in a bowl of cool water when you want to use a portion of the veggies or all of it. Try tossing them into your favorite soup recipe.
- Food-grade safety Material -- Made of silicone and PP material, 100% BPA Free high quality materials safe and durable . Recommend boil the ice cube trays for 30mins or a few hour when first use, then use pure water to fill ice trays and frozen.
- Suitable for Bar/ Home -- The ice cube is necessary in bar to cool cocktails, whiskey, tequila, vodka. And it is a useful tool at home for other homemade beverage or various ice snack like froze soup, ice cream or flower ice cube.Perfect for making ice cubes orfilling the trays with juice, fruit, jelly, chocolate, herbs, sauces andpudding and baby food purees.
- Easy to Clean/Store -- Ice cube trays with removable lids can stack in freezer neatly and block odor as well as dust. Rinse off it by hand or using dishwasher. Air dry and stack them in the dry place.
- Easy ice removal -- TPE material shapes the bottom well, which makes it easy to release ice cubes. Each flat cube compartment is separate from others so you can easily push from the bottom. No need for awkward bending or twisting and no more ice cubes slithering across your counter or Floor!
- Make Enough Ice Cube -- The 2 pack ice cube trays of total 28 ice cubes meet your need of many ice cubes at party or restaurant. With removable lids, the ice trays are able to save room in freezer by stacking together.
3. Clean Fresh Produce Before Storage
Clean your fresh produce before storing it. If you’re planning to store fresh fruit in the fridge without any other foods, ensure the product is completely clean and dry. Then place it in an airtight container. The best food storage containers are glass or plastic containers that can be sealed with a lid. Airtight plastic containers are great for storing perishable foods.
4. Store Poultry, Fish, or Raw Meat Correctly
You must follow some basic rules to store poultry, fish, and raw meat properly. First of all, you need to make sure that the meat is cooked thoroughly before it’s stored. It would help if you also stored it in an airtight container to prevent contamination.
Storing raw meat in the refrigerator or freezer is the best way to keep it. The temperature must be below zero degrees Fahrenheit to remain fresh. You should freeze raw meat immediately after purchasing it so that it doesn’t spoil.
5. Keep the Foods Separate
If you’re storing your perishable food in the fridge, you might be inclined to mix it all. While it may seem like a good way to save space, keep different foods separate. For example, keep fruit and vegetables separate from meat and fish. You should also separate cooked food from raw food to avoid cross contamination.
6. Set the Fridge Temperatures Correctly
When setting the temperature in your refrigerator, you must ensure that it’s set at a reasonable temperature. It should be between 35 and 40 degrees Fahrenheit. For example, if you leave a bowl of water in the fridge overnight and it freezes, your fridge is too low. If the water isn’t cooling, then your fridge is too high.
- Convenient and practical: Our refrigerator thermometer is suitable for traditional refrigerators, freezers, insulated boxes, etc. It has a large dial with clear blue and red area indication on the surface of the fridge thermometer, making it easier for you to read the temperature.
- Temperature range: Refrigerator thermometer measures refrigerator temperature -20~80 °F/ -30~30 °C, meeting different requirements and requirements. Clear reading scale helps you measure food stored at the right temperature to ensure safety.
- Exquisite design: The refrigerator thermometer uses a hook type panel design, can be hung or placed in different positions, reading instant with the mechanical design, no need for battery power with our freezer thermometer.
- Durable material: Refrigerator thermometer is made of stainless steel material, not easy to break, long life, durable, easy to clean structure and glass protective lens, very suitable for use in the refrigerator and freezer.
- What you get: 2 x PECULA Refrigerator Thermometer and our 7*24 friendly customer service for peace of mind.
While there are many ways to store your food, we’ve provided you with some of the best options. These products will ensure you have a long-lasting supply of everything you need. You may consider checking our refrigerators for more information about them. You can also check the refrigerator reviews for other people’s experiences with specific models. Remember that it’s best to store food in an airtight container or sturdy bag to ensure that it stays fresh and tasty.