Table of Contents
Mini fridges aren’t just for college kids anymore. With increased capabilities and sleeker designs, compact refrigerators now regularly grace countertops and shelves across the country.
The reasons for this are threefold:
- First, increasingly advanced technology has given these Galanz mini fridge’s with freezer’s the ability to meet the needs of nearly everyone while remaining affordable.
- Secondly, smaller, more compact models have gotten a sleek makeover and now appeal to even the pickiest of homeowners.
- Lastly, convenience officially reigns supreme and mini fridges offer the convenience of having food and drink ready wherever you are.
Consumers of mini fridges consistently rave about the Galanz 2.7-cu. ft. single-door refrigerator. Before we explore why, let’s look at who can benefit from a mini fridge, what to look for in your Galanz mini fridge with freezer, and which options make the most sense for you and your lifestyle.
Galanz GL27BK 2.7-Cu. Ft. Mini Refrigerator Review
Manufactured by a Chinese manufacturer of electronics known as Guangdong Galanz Group Company Limited, the Galanz 2.7 cu ft single door mini fridge is one of Amazon’s best-selling mini fridges. It’s easy to see why. Compact, reliable, and powerful; the Galanz 2.7-cu. ft. single door mini refrigerator effortlessly chills beverages and keeps food and medication from spoiling.
Let’s review the basics before digging deeper into the appliance’s features, benefits, and disadvantages.
The first thing people notice about the Galanz 2.7-cu. ft. mini fridge is its style. Its simple and elegant design does more than look good in your home, it is specifically designed with functionality in mind. By opting to manufacture these fridges with flat backs (as opposed to protruding backs), the company ensures the Galanz 2.7 can be placed wherever you want.
The Galanz 2.7 refrigerator may be small, but it’s powerful and intelligently designed. Containing both cooling and chilling compartments, the mini fridge comes with adjustable mechanical thermostat control that allows you to set the temperature based on what you’re putting in the fridge.
The fridge compartment stays at a stable 32-47 degrees Fahrenheit while the chiller compartment dips to between 27-37 degrees Fahrenheit. This means that you can make ice, chill beverages, and keep food from spoiling — all with a single mini fridge. But that’s not all the Galanz 2.7-cu. ft. mini fridge offers!
As with any refrigeration appliance, the stability of the internal temperature is impacted by how much is stored inside the fridge and how often the door is opened and closed during use.
The Galanz 2.7 comes in black, red, white, and stainless steel. Its small size makes it ideal for dorm rooms, exercise rooms, offices, garages, and game rooms while the $130 price tag makes it an affordable option for anyone. While noise levels are a common complaint about mini fridges, the Galanz 2.7-cu. ft. one-door refrigerator is quiet enough to sit right next to you while you sleep.
- Reversible doors with pocket handles that allow you to open from the left or right side.
- 2-liter bottle storage on the door
- Half-width chiller compartment capable of making ice
- Can dispensers
- Slide-out shelves that allow for customization based on your needs
- Adjustable front legs that allow you to size the fridge to fit anywhere you need it
The Galanz 2.7 refrigerator obviously fits the bill for most consumers. But, as with any appliance, there are advantages and disadvantages to this model. Let’s review those in more detail.
|Internal Capacity||2.7-Cu. Ft.|
|Total Capacity||2.7-Cu. Ft.|
|Dimensions||19.69″ x 19.13″ x 24.69″|
|Annual Energy Consumption||214 kWh|
Pros and Cons
Galanz is known for manufacturing quality products that withstand the test of time. Consumer reviews are almost entirely positive. Complaints generally revolve around noise, a lack of color choices, and the fact that the fridge doesn’t come with an interior lighting system.
- Economical buy
- Less noise
- Removable shelves
- Flat back for easy placement
- No interior light system
- Comes in few colors
- Chillers don’t keep food frozen for long periods
Who Should Invest in a Mini Fridge?
Compact fridges like the Galanz 2.7 cu ft single door mini fridge allow you to have access to food and beverages when you want them, where you want them. Who are mini fridges best for?
- College students living in dorms or small apartments
- Homeowners looking to outfit their guest room with fridge access
- People looking for additional fridge space during family gatherings
- DIY enthusiasts who want cold refreshments at hand while working in a garage studio or home office
- People looking to keep medications, makeup, or skin and body products chilled without storing them next to food items
Once you’ve established that a mini fridge is exactly what you need, there’s no shortage of options to choose from. Determining which is right for you starts with an understanding of what to look for as you are browsing.
What To Look For in a Mini Fridge
The purpose of a mini fridge is to make your life simpler. Choosing a fridge that doesn’t meet your needs will just add stress to your life – thereby eliminating its benefit. How do you sort through the available options to find the right appliance? Consider size, functionality, and brand reputation as you make your decision.
- Location: Where do you plan on placing your Galanz 2.7 cu ft single door mini fridge? Once you establish where it will be, measure the dimensions of the area to determine what size fridge you can purchase, check the area for available outlets, and assess the aesthetic of the fridge based on the look and feel of the surrounding area.
- Purpose: While it’s easy to get side-tracked by style, be sure to consider what items you plan on using your mini fridge to store. Some are specifically designed to fit cans or two-liter bottles while others are built with extra compartments and door storage to allow you to fit both food and drink in the fridge.
- Size: Determining the right size fridge depends on two factors: how much available space you have and how much you plan on storing in the fridge. Cube-shaped fridges are smaller in size and more restrictive in design. Freestanding options tend to be larger and allow for a mixture of both food and drink.
- Brand Reputation: Going with a brand you know and trust – or others know and trust – such as Galanz, gives you the peace of mind that comes from knowing a reliable and proven appliance will arrive on your doorstep. The Galanz 2.7 mini fridge has a proven history of product reliability and customer satisfaction.
Once you have a clear vision of when and where you’ll use it, have taken the appropriate measurements, and are ready to make a purchasing decision; the question becomes which brand to choose.
Galanz: Brand Overview
Founded in 1984, the Galanz brand has built a solid reputation for designing solutions that truly make life simpler, more enjoyable, and more efficient. The company prides itself on “thoughtful engineering” and offers customers a full range of kitchen appliances that include fridges, chillers and freezers, microwaves, countertop ovens, and more.
Galanz operates one of the world’s largest appliance manufacturing centers and has committed itself to redefine what “made in China” means for people. By overseeing a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, hiring the best of the best by asking each potential employee to undergo a rigorous interview process, and instituting multiple quality control checkpoints; Galanz has placed itself at the forefront of appliance innovation and currently holds over 1,600 patents. Furthermore, the brand has entered several product partnerships with some of our country’s most trusted brands.
Operating on a mission of “technology for today,” Galanz specializes in offering functional and stylish kitchen appliances that customers can afford. Most Galanz mini fridge models can store enough food and drink for a week and are quiet enough to live in rooms where people sleep.
All in all, Galanz consistently delivers products that make your life easier.
Galanz has built a name for itself by consistently providing reliable and aesthetically pleasing appliances that give consumers the freedom to focus on what matters — living their lives as they want to without worrying about whether their appliance can keep up with them. The Galanz 2.7 mini fridge is no exception.
Read more about Galanz in our reviews below.
Galanz mini fridges get colder the higher you set the temperature controls. Therefore, setting 6 is colder than setting 2. The recommended setting for the mechanical thermostat is 4 and will keep a stable temperature of around 38 degrees Fahrenheit.
While exact times can vary depending on what you’re storing in the fridge, these models generally cool between two and four hours.
This model is exactly 24.68 inches in height. This makes it slightly taller than 2 feet.
Part of the Galanz mission is reducing the stigma associated with “made in China” and facilitating international cooperation. Therefore, product development is done in the US, and manufacturing is done in China.
If your fridge is defective or breaks after use, call Customer service: 800-562-0738. Every Galanz fridge comes with a 1-year product warranty on all appliances and covers any defect that can be attributed to manufacturing. A customer service representative can guide you in utilizing this warranty.
While the freezing section is more of a chiller than a freezer, it does get contents colder than the fridge section. The freezer section works on compressor cooling. This aspect was built almost exclusively for ice cubes. The only downside of the chiller section is that it is so small that few things other than ice cubes fit in it.
While mini fridges are designed to be placed wherever they are needed, there are a couple of locations that are not suitable for the appliance. The first “don’t” when it comes to fridge placement is near a heat source. Not only will this reduce its effectiveness, but it could also result in overheating and damage to the appliance. Secondly, don’t place your fridge anywhere that might block ventilation to the room. Lastly, never place your fridge on its side.
User Manual and Energy Guide can be downloaded from the Galanz site: https://www.galanz.com/us/?page_id=2250
You must log in to post a comment.